Rats can be small cute critters, but you definitely won’t like it when you see your new bed sheet or curtains being destroyed by these tiny whiskery faces. As they rightly say that, size doesn’t matter, these small rodents are capable of spreading deadly diseases via their urine and feces and not to mention when they try to dig in your food. Therefore, you would not want risk the happiness of your house by sharing your house with these tiny buggers.
Home Remedies to Get Rid Of Rats
- Moth Balls: Moth balls are known to shoo-away the rats. You can place a few of these in your attic or kitchen to keep the rats out.
- Ammonia: Add 2 spoons of detergent, half glass of water and 2 cups of regular ammonia in a glass bowl. Rats can’t tolerate the stench of ammonia so keep it in a place where they appear more frequently.
- Peppermint Oil: Rats are naturally repelled by the pungent smell of peppermint oil so dip some cotton balls in a bowl of peppermint oil and place it near rat-entry gates.
- Pepper: Rats find it hard to survive in the presence of pepper because of it’s strong smell. Make sure; you place some crushed pepper near a rat-prone area.
- Bay Leaf: Bay leaves are mistaken by rats to be their food, but the truth is it kills them.
- Onions: This is very effective way of getting rid of these rodents. They can’t stand the smell of onions. All you have to do is to keep a slice of onion inside their holes.
- Human Hair: It may sound crazy, but rats can’t tolerate the sight of a human Gather a few of your fallen strands and place them near their hole.
If nothing at all considers adopting a cat. It will serve both the purpose of owning a pet and also keep the rats away. You can also get more ideas from X Large Stuff. Not only rodents, but you will also find ideas on how to keep other pests away. You can visit their website here: http://xlargestuff.com